We are looking for an experienced Service Desk Analyst to join our dynamic Technology team in Melbourne for a full-time 12 month contract opportunity.
Service Desk Analyst
Full time - 12 month contract
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
In this role you will provide high quality technical support to all King & Wood Mallesons Partners and staff. As part of the Technology Service Desk team, you are the first port of call for any customer enquiries and problems relating to technology. Support is given both over the phone and in person. This is a highly customer service focused environment. Understanding and adoption of ITIL processes is required.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- taking first line calls from partners and staff and troubleshooting issues to come to a timely and effective resolution;
- logging of all Incidents in ServiceNow;
- providing application support;
- setting up and configuring new software and hardware, ensuring 100% functionality;
- ensuring network availability through a thorough understanding of network topology, while carrying out effective cable management;
- relocation of equipment and registering and issuing loan equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, within a professional and supportive team. The role is a full time contract for 12 months with 8 hour shifts between 7:00am - 9:00pm.
For further information about this role, please see the attached position description below.
Position Description - Technology - IT Service Desk Analyst - Melbourne - November 2019.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
In addition to being passionate about delivering high quality IT support to your clients and be willing to further develop your skills to assist you in achieving this goal, you will also possess the following essential skills and experience:
- minimum 3 years experience in a similar Service Desk or Help Desk role, providing Level 2 support;
- working knowledge and experience of Windows 10 and Office 2013/2016 environment;
- hardware (Mobile PC’s, Smartphones etc.) and software troubleshooting experience;
- Exchange 2016 and Active Directory troubleshooting experience;
- the ability to work autonomously within a fast paced environment as part of a national service desk team providing support both face to face and remotely.
Exposure to a legal or professional services environment is preferable in this role.
Possession or progression towards Microsoft certification and ITIL Foundation certification is essential. You will be a positive team player, who has flexibility, energy, initiative and a "can do" attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with both your internal and external clients.
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Flexibility with regards to after-hours and weekend work is required.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Katrina Hofinger at email@example.com or Emma Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.