About the role
The main focus of this role is to provide high quality technical support to all King & Wood Mallesons Partners and staff. As part of the Technology Service Desk team, you are the first port of call for any customer enquiries and problems relating to technology. Support is provided both over the phone and in person in a highly customer service focused environment.
Key functions of the role include
- Taking calls on the Service Desk from Partners and staff and troubleshooting issues to achieve a timely and effective resolution;
- Providing hardware support, application support and audio visual support;
- Setting up and configuring new hardware and software, ensuring 100% functionality;
- Logging tickets and managing them effectively;
- Relocating and setting up IT equipment whilst ensuring that assets are managed accurately.
The role is a full time contract for 12 months. Ordinary hours of work are 37.5 hours per week based on a rotational roster to be worked between 7:00 am and 7:30 pm time on Monday to Friday.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, within a professional and supportive team. Exposure to a legal or professional services environment is preferable in this role, but not essential.
To be successful in the role, you will possess the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience working in a Service Desk or Help Desk role, providing Level 1 / 2 support;
- Working knowledge and experience of Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 and Office 2013 / 2016;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with both internal and external clients, both in person and over the phone;
- Hardware and software troubleshooting experience;
- The ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively within a small team environment.
Possession or progression towards ITIL v3 or v4 certification or a Microsoft certification is desirable. You will be passionate about delivering high quality IT support to your customers and be willing to further develop your skills to assist you in achieving this goal.
We are looking for a positive team player, who has flexibility, energy, initiative and a "can do" attitude. Flexibility with regards to after-hours and weekend work is required.
About King & Wood Mallesons
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
What we offer
We strive to create a positive, stimulating and diverse work environment - one that is based on teamwork, learning, open communication and knowledge sharing.
We offer exceptional training opportunities, mentoring from managers and other benefits all within a friendly work environment.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link and completing an online application form. For further information on this role, please contact Haley Fisher on 3244 8708.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies – please note we are not currently accepting unsolicited applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer.