About the team
Our Private Equity team is regularly recognised as the one of the leading PE specialist teams in Australia. The team is one of the most active sponsor side practices in Australia and boasts an enviable list of the most prominent and active financial sponsors in Australia and Asia. Clients include KKR, Blackstone, Affinity, Apollo, Quadrant, Adamantem, The Growth Fund, EMR Capital and Archer Capital, to name a few. Recent noteworthy engagements include acting for Brookfield on it's a$5.7Bn acquisition of Healthscope, Affinity on its sale of TEG to Silver Lake and on the sale of its interest in Velocity Frequent Flyer to Virgin; BGH on its public to private of Abano and KKR on its acquisition of Pepper and EQT on its recent bid for Vocus.
In this team you will be working in a high performing environment with leading lawyers known for their expertise and the breadth and depth of their practices. Mark McNamara is the leader of our Private Equity team and other Partners in Sydney include Ros Anderson, Matthew Coull, Alex Elser and Lee Horan.
What experience are we looking for?
- you will have recognised private equity experience in a firm well regarded for its private equity work
- you will be commercially savvy and have first rate legal drafting and technical skills
- you will be a self-starter and comfortable taking on responsibility and managing others
- you will enjoy learning new skills and working in a team environment
- you will have very high communication and client management skills and enjoy dealing with clients and deal counterparties
- you will be keen to work on the largest and most complex private equity transactions and deliver a first rate client experience
- you will be keen to play a key role in supporting and actively developing our clients
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.