Banking & Finance, Brisbane
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
Supporting 1 Partner, 1 Senior Associate, 3 Solicitors and at times a rotating graduate, you will be dedicated, proactive and able to provide a range of secretarial and administrative assistance in a timely and efficient manner.
Your day will involve preparing and editing documents, managing and maintaining files, billing, organising meetings and travel, as well as liaising with clients.
What experience are we looking for?
- high typing speed (at least 70 wpm) with a high level of accuracy
- excellent document management skills across all applications including tables and spreadsheets (the practice is very document intensive)
- attention to detail and communication skills - to deliver quality work and service to the team
- first rate project management skills - you will be responsible for managing the diaries of your authors
- outstanding editing skills - you will assist with the preparation of complex documents, ensuring compliance with firm style (e.g. writs, statement of claims, default judgments, warrants etc)
- excellent computer literacy and document management skills - you will audio/copy type and store documents electronically
- diplomacy to deal with confidential matters - you will know about sensitive high profile deals before they have been made public.
You will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team. Your knowledge of document and practice management systems (e.g. iManage/DeskSite and Elite) will provide you with a solid start.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Elizabeth Codey at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.