Part-time / Full time
Brisbane / Melbourne / Sydney
12 month contract
We are looking for an experienced Mobility Senior Manager to join our dynamic People & Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing our global mobility approach and policies.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
We are looking for a Mobility Senior Manager with proven project management experience. This position will play a key role in the review and enhancement of our current global mobility policy and day-to-day operations. The desired outputs from this review will be improved stakeholder clarity and agreement of mobility policy and application, improved operational efficiency and superior assignee experience.
Specifically the role will undertake:
- Review and build repeatable governance, policy and process for majority of inbound / outbound moves with a focus on Australia, China, Singapore, UK, US and Hong Kong;
- Develop an enhanced library of relevant templates, business cases, offer letters, questionnaires and process maps for all inbound / outbound moves;
- Review and develop standard reporting templates e.g. mobility moves, costs, visa status and management etc.;
- Improve integration between P&D, Finance/payroll, Technology and KWM offices for all international mobility moves; and
- Develop an improved assignee feedback process to measure and improve the mobility experience.
You will also manage one mobility consultant in supporting the delivery of all mobility services (including domestic moves and international hires).
This role is also an integral part of the People & Development (“P&D”) team and works closely with our recruitment and advisory teams, as well as Partners and other Practice Group business leaders.
For further information, please see the attached position description.
Position description - Mobility Senior Manager.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
You will have:
- At least 4-5 years’ experience managing global mobility programs
- A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Business discipline
- Accreditation in project management desirable
In this role you will demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of mobility processes and components across Asia Pacific;
- Demonstrated experience in advising P&D teams and leaders on mobility policy and application;
- Strong experience in managing mobility vendor relationships/agreements;
- Strong project management experience – ability to execute both strategy and operational elements (end to end);
- Practical and flexible approach to developing policy and process that result in efficiency gains and organisational clarity;
- Strong communication approach in building organisational understanding and application of mobility policy;
- Ability to develop cross-border relationships between mobility teams.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Aubrey Burn, People & Development Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.