As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
As a part of the Australian Business Development & Marketing team, this role is focused on driving the firm’s client and sector strategy within the market leading Banking & Finance Practice Group along with one of our hallmark and high profile sectors - Financial Services.
The role will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying strategic business development, client account leadership, relationship building, market insight and brand enhancing skills.
You will be supported by a well-respected and highly collaborative national Business Development & Marketing team, including experienced and supportive team members who work with the Banking & Finance Practice Group and Financial Services sector.
Please see the attached position description for further details. Position Description - Client Relationship Manager Financial Institutions and Banking Finance Jan 2020.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
We are seeking a candidate who has 4-5 years’ experience (including preferably 2 years in professional services business development). For you to be successful in the role, you will have the following key skills and attributes:
- demonstrated ability to influence others and quickly win the confidence of key stakeholders
- an understanding of key commercial drivers and the ability to identify potential business opportunities through research, or from your growing network within the firm
- the ability to manage multiple and often complex initiatives across different parts of the business
- strong communication skills, written and verbal, that can be used in building stronger relationships with clients and industry bodies
- a team player who loves to collaborate with peers and partners alike, as well as building a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work, so we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority - whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information or to request a position description for this role, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at email@example.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.