We are looking for an experienced Service Desk Analyst to join our busy, Sydney based Technology team on a 12-month contract basis.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
The main focus of this role is to provide high quality technical support to all King & Wood Mallesons Partners and staff. As part of the Technology Service Desk team, you are the first port of call for any customer enquiries and problems relating to technology. Support is given both over the phone and in person. This is a highly customer service focused environment. Understanding and adoption of ITIL processes is required.
Key functions of the role include:
- taking first line calls from partners and staff and troubleshooting issues to come to a timely and effective resolution
- logging of all Incidents in ServiceNow
- providing application support
- setting up and configuring new software and hardware, ensuring 100% functionality
- ensuring network availability through a thorough understanding of network topology, while carrying out effective cable management
- relocation of equipment and registering and issuing loan equipment
The role is a full time, permanent position with 8 hour shifts between 7:00am - 9:00pm.
What experience are we looking for?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, within a professional and supportive team. To be successful in the role, you will possess the following essential skills and experience:
- minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar Service Desk or Help Desk role, providing Level 2 support
- working knowledge and experience of Windows 10 and Office 2016/365 environment
- hardware (Mobile PC’s, Smartphones etc.) and software troubleshooting experience
- Exchange and Active Directory troubleshooting experience
- the ability to work autonomously within a fast-paced environment as part of a national service desk team providing support both face to face and remotely
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work
- Possession or progression towards Microsoft certification and ITIL Foundation certification is essential.
Exposure to a legal or professional services environment is preferable in this role.
You will be a positive team player, who has flexibility, energy, initiative and a "can do" attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with both your internal and external clients.
You will be passionate about delivering high quality IT support to your clients and be willing to further develop your skills to assist you in achieving this goal.
Flexibility with regards to after-hours and weekend work is required.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Emma Mahoney, Senior Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.