About the role
Our Perth Projects team are currently recruiting a Solicitor, working closely with Katherine Vines. This role will see you providing advice on a diverse range of matters, predominately in front end construction and infrastructure development, and associated procurement. Our team advises on all facets of project development and delivery from contract preparation and review, negotiation of contractual arrangements through to the management and resolution of claims in the delivery phase to deliver provide cost effective solutions to clients. We act for a range of clients including government, energy, resources and mining real estate companies, principals, contractors, financiers, investors, owner groups and industry professionals with a focus on providing commercially tailored solutions on high value and complex construction and development projects.
You will be responsible for varied and challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will assist a busy partner and her team.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice;
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients;
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships;
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks; and
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including agreements, contracts, deeds, court documents etc).
You will have recognised front end projects and/or construction experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.