You will be responsible for varied challenging and complex legal work on transactions which set the pace in the market. You will work on a wide range of acquisition/leveraged finance and general corporate finance transactions including senior and mezzanine financings and asset-based lending transactions. You will also gain exposure to syndicated loans, offshore high yield / Term Loan B financings and debt restructurings.
Our clients range from banks, investment banks, global and domestic private equity sponsors and listed and major private corporates.
This role will see you work with prestigious and pre-eminent Partners in our Banking & Finance team led by Yuen-Yee Cho, Will Stawell and Elizabeth Hundt Russell. Our Partners are consistently listed in legal publications for their expertise. With deep experience in acquisition/leveraged and corporate finance matters, they are the go-to choice for clients in complex domestic, international and cross-border finance transactions. The team are consistently recognised as a Band 1 practice in Acquisition/Leveraged Finance and Corporate Finance by Chambers (and other equivalent respected legal directories).
You will have
- excellent technical, analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents.
- a willingness to be challenged, and think creatively and laterally
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.