We are seeking a Solicitor with expertise in front-end construction matters to join our team.
With Australian infrastructure facing unprecedented demand, significant investment and development is required to remove impediments to future economic growth. Our construction team has extensive experience in the energy and resources, economic and social infrastructure, real estate and telecommunications sectors, both within Australia and internationally.
In this role you will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work including:
- drafting and providing commercial advice on all forms of construction and project documentation, including design and construction agreements, PPP project documents, EPC and O&M agreements, procurement documentation, professional appointments, warranties and guarantees;
- providing strategic advice on procurement structures, construction contract administration and claims management; and
- carrying out construction contract reviews and preparing due diligence reports.
Our team works with an enviable range of clients. We act for energy providers and developers, project sponsors and financiers as well as top tier infrastructure developers, property developers and construction companies. We also act for key Government clients on some of Australia’s most high profile infrastructure developments.
About the team
This role will report in to Steve Swan Partner, a construction specialist with a focus on front-end construction projects in the commercial development, energy and infrastructure sectors.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice;
- strong commitment to client service - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients;
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships (an excellent sense of humour is a must), and to help supervise and develop the junior lawyers in the team;
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks; and
- first rate experience of drafting complex construction and project documents.
You will have recognised construction experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a fun and committed team.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.