This is an opportunity to join a busy and thriving area of our firm. The Senior Conflicts Analyst forms part of the Global Business Intake Group (GBIG) and this role involves the analysis and identification of professional conduct (conflicts, confidentiality), commercial/client alignment, regulatory, reputational and strategic risks when accepting new clients and matters.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Conflict Analyst to join our team on a 12 month contract basis. While this opportunity is initially being offered as a twelve month fixed term contract, there may be the possibility of extension. This role may also be available on a part-time basis for the right candidate, working between 4 to 5 days per week.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing internal and external research, including running and analysing conflict searches, to identify conflicts, commercial, regulatory, reputational, and strategic risk when accepting new clients and matters.
- Liaising with Partners, Managing Partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate client and matter intake decisions, as required.
- Ensuring matters and clients are accepted in a manner that complies with conflict rules, client relationship agreements, and with the firm’s strategic commercial aims, in various jurisdictions and industries.
- Providing urgent “ad hoc” conflict analysis for the Partners and Managing Partners on request.
- Ensuring processes and discussions are facilitated in a manner that preserves client confidentiality, in an appropriate manner.
- Ensuring information barrier procedures are implemented and maintained where appropriate.
- Protecting the firm’s reputation and client relationships in a manner that maximises opportunities.
- Performing AML/CTF analysis in relation to new clients in various jurisdictions.
- Managing matter and client information recorded in internal conflict databases and related systems.
- Ensuring quality control concerning new client and new matter information.
- Contributing to Engagement Team education, including the development and presentation of internal CLEs.
- Reviewing conflicts wording in engagement letters, client agreements and tenders when required.
- Providing support and input into key integration projects including the design, testing and implementation of new software and other processes.
What experience are we looking for?
- Specialist experience as a “conflicts analyst” in a law firm (highly preferable)
- 3-4 years post qualification experience as solicitor or relevant experience at a law firm in a new business intake team
- Specialist experience in AML and CDD management also desirable.
Please refer to the attached position description for further information.
Senior Conflicts Analyst July 2020.pdf
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.