About the role
Our Singapore Banking & Finance team are currently recruiting a Senior Associate, reporting to John Shum, with proven experience advising financial institutions, corporate borrowers and funds on banking, financing and restructuring matters, including:
- Structured finance
- Leveraged and acquisition finance
- Syndicated finance
- Real estate finance
- Trade finance
- General corporate finance
- Project finance
- Fund finance
- Share-backed finance
The team currently focuses on cross-border financings and restructurings in the South-East Asia market, as well as in Hong Kong and China. As a senior member of the team you will have a vast level of responsibility, including running your own matters, high level of client contact and mentoring junior lawyers in the group.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- team focus - to train and mentor junior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the team
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities – presenting training to clients and at industry related programs, and managing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting finance and related documents.
- Mandarin language skills (preferred)
You will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Competitive market salary
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents
- Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.