About the role
Our Melbourne Dispute Resolution (Restructuring & Insolvency) team are currently recruiting a Senior Associate to work closely with Samantha Kinsey. The team specialise in restructuring and insolvency law, banking and finance related matters, debt recovery, debt acquisition and general commercial dispute resolution. The work will involve all forms of commercial dispute resolution including litigation in all Court jurisdictions, negotiation and mediation.
As a senior member of the team you will have a vast level of responsibility, including running your own matters, high level of client contact and mentoring junior lawyers in the group. Possibly the most attractive component of this role is the chance to progress your career to the highest possible level within a top-tier firm, meaning this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- team focus - to mentor junior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the group
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - presenting at industry related programs and managing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including agreements, contracts, deeds, court documents etc).
You will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equit
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.