- We are looking for a solution focussed EA to provide support for the General Counsel and adhoc support for the wider Office of General Counsel when required
- You will enjoy the responsibility of being a trusted advisor, while also having a collaborative team player approach
- Balanced approach to WFH
Recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform and team of over 2700 lawyers in 29 locations around the world, KWM works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Across our global firm we have values that guide us and that we aspire to live up to…
- Client centric
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial
- One team. One firm
- Excellence and innovation
- Global Perspective
…these are the same whichever part of the firm you work in, in all countries. If this sounds like a firm you can be see yourself have a long-term career with, keep reading!
Reporting to our highly respected General Counsel, who operates without hierarchy, you will become a trusted right-hand person, providing EA support for the General Counsel and support to the Office of General Counsel team as and when applicable.
You will have an ability to connect the dots and stay one step ahead. You will be able to prioritise respectfully, and influence without authority. Your maturity and experince in a similar role will give you the confidence to know when to make an executive decision, and when to ask for feedback.
You understand that the value a good EA brings, results in increased productivity and peach of mind for the ones you support. You will enjoy the responsibility of being a trusted advisor, while also having a collaborative team player approach, that will see you as an asset for the General Counsel office team as a whole.
This role is intended to provide secretarial and administrative support and ensure the office of General Counsel runs smoothly from behind the scenes.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Actively managing the General Counsel’s diary, organising and scheduling client and internal meetings across multiple time zones; book conference rooms, teleconferences, video conferences, equipment and catering where required
- Monitoring correspondence and actioning where possible, including internal and external daily emails
- Preparing correspondence and other documents including agreements, as well as presentations, reports, intranet updates and documentation which adhere to firm precedents and standards
- Maintaining an efficient and effective filing system
- Coordinating projects on behalf of the General Counsel
- Financial management of invoices and attending to payment and managing budgets and fee estimates
- Organising regular team meetings and preparing agendas, taking minutes and following up on action items
- Making travel bookings for domestic and international travel
- Photocopying, scanning, printing and filing documents as needed
- Assistance with the preparation of documents
- Ad hoc research applicable to skill level
You will be a reliable self-starter who takes initiative and ownership. Your solution focussed approach will be valued and it is essential you are a team player, without ego. We see you as an asset to the team and need you to be a positive brand ambassador for the Office of General Counsel.
You will also need:
- Solid experience as EA/PA/Legal Secretary
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines utilising your organised and meticulous approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills incorporating your high level of attention to detail
- Ability to ensure the strictest confidentiality
- Project coordination skills
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of digital dictation such as BigHand
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Tuesday 19th October, 2021.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not accepting applications from agencies for this role.