Solicitor 1-3 years Restructuring & Insolvency - Sydney
About the role:
King & Wood Mallesons’ specialist restructuring and insolvency team works on the biggest and most complex work in the market. It is known as a centre of excellence and as a specialist team has the benefit of some of the finest legal and commercial minds working in restructuring and insolvency in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
As the leading international firm headquartered in Asia, KWM is uniquely placed to lead on cross-border restructuring matters in the fast paced Asia-Pacific Region, as well as globally. This has been demonstrated in a series of high profile restructuring and insolvency matters including leading roles on Arrium, Virgin, Queensland Nickel, Paladin Energy, Tiger Resources and many other matters over many years.
As we move through 2021, it is clear that the world has changed. With unprecedented turmoil in the global markets, our team is uniquely positioned for complex and challenging restructuring and insolvency work. This is a very exciting time for us and ware looking for an ambitious and focused solicitor to join our front-end focused restructuring and insolvency team, based in Sydney. The team is part of KWM’s market-leading Banking & Finance practice and is closely connected with all areas of the Australian firm, as well as specialists across the firm’s network in the Asia-Pacific.
- have 1-3 years’ post-admission experience, with exposure to restructuring & insolvency work
- demonstrate a passion to work in a team environment with a focus on collaboration
- be focused, with strong attention to detail, organisational skills and a strong work ethic
- intend to specialise in restructuring & insolvency work and over time develop into a senior role in our team
- be actively involved in complex restructuring and insolvency matters and work directly with our clients
- have opportunities to take initiative and responsibility on matters
- be supported to develop your skills and profile and to build relationships in the restructuring and insolvency market
- work on cross-border matters as part of a leading international platform in the global legal market
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work. We call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.