As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Practice Assistant to join the Mergers & Acquisitions team on a permanent basis. This is a part-time role (2 days a week) on a job share arrangement based in Sydney. You will be responsible for supporting 2 Partners and their teams comprising of 13 lawyers.
You will be responsive, energetic with a can-do attitude and a good understanding of the variety of administrative tasks that will need to be executed. You will also be self-motivated, proactive and a team player who support the team in a timely and efficient manner.
What experience are we looking for?
This role will demand someone with the ability to take the lead on the following tasks:
- Managing the monthly client billing process for the team, including preparing and completing billing.
- Opening and closing matter files in a timely manner.
- Proactively monitoring fee estimates, including general maintenance of financials for matters (e.g. WIP, disbursements)
- Assisting with project management tasks on larger projects like WIP reporting.
- Monitoring and reviewing author timesheets and narrations.
- Diary management, preparing reports and drafting presentations.
- Document management using an effective electronic and paper filing system to maintain all correspondence and documents.
- Proactively updating all client and team details in the firm’s CRM system (Oneplace and Finance system)
- Organising meetings as well as other administrative tasks like printing, photocopying travel arrangements and expense management.
- Answering team phone calls and passing messages on to the designated authors in a timely manner
- Providing consistent client service to external and internal clients to maintain effective client relationships.
You will have:
You will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team. You will also have:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work with strict confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritising skills, taking personal responsibility for the quality of the work completed.
- An open and collaborative approach towards all colleagues.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Samie Nakimera at email@example.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.