As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy to execute against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
The Business Development Adviser role will provide support for:
- the Financial Services (FS) sector, Banking & Finance (B&F) practice group (as part of a team); and
- at least two of the firm’s strategic or growth client relationships.
As a member of the national Business Development & Marketing team, this role is focused on implementing the firm’s client and sector strategy.
The core focus of this role is to support the business development (BD) strategies and marketing activities of the FS sector and B&F practice group, working closely with the Client Relationship Managers and Advisers for those groups.
A copy of the full position description for this role is available here:
PD Business Development Adviser FS _ BF Sydney - March 2021.pdf
What experience are we looking for?
- Passion for enhancing the client experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Law or Commerce (preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Expertise, experience and track record in practice development and key account management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast paced environment working to tight timetables; works well under pressure
- Ability to support the production of high quality materials
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push key agenda items forward and how to build interest or buy-in
- Ability to manage complex issues involving numerous parties and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience within the Financial Services sector would be advantageous
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work and we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work. We call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to an immense range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.