As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
This 3-6 month contract role is within the Business Development & Marketing team and focused on implementing the firm’s client and sector strategy. You will contribute to the firm’s Business Development strategy by executing against profitable growth opportunities across Australia and internationally (as required) by applying market insight, business development, relationship building and brand enhancing skills.
Ideally based in Sydney or Melbourne the role would suit a candidate who is already operating a similar level, or a senior Adviser looking to step up into a new role.
Our ideal candidate will have high attention to detail with strong writing skills and a flair for language and visual presentation. It goes without saying that you will be passionate about contributing to enhancing the client experience and our external and internal client’s success.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
A full Position Description for this role is attached here
Position Description - Business Development (Bids Manager) March 2021.pdf
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Law, or Arts (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with demonstrated track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
- Expertise, experience and track record in previous bids roles, practice development and/ or key account management
- Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment working to tight timetables; composed under pressure
- Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push key agenda items forward and how to build interest or buy-in
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a large, multi-layered team, to work collaboratively and be a ‘team player’
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management, partners and clients at all levels (i.e. considering the optimal approach to relevant stakeholders and how to elicit the desired response)
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to an immense range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.