In this role, you will report in to John Sullivan, a highly regarded Partner who undertakes a diverse range of M&A and international funds work for large financial institutions. John has an international practice and most of his transactions have foreign elements. John’s expertise includes:
- private infrastructure, real estate and private equity fundraising including through funds, clubs and joint ventures
- acting for investors in funds and similar structures
- fund related transactions including restructures, investments and divestments, co-investments and sale of management rights
- generally advising on all types of M&A relating to funds or the real estate, infrastructure and private equity sectors including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and management, advisory and other commercial agreements
John offers unique Asian experience available locally. John has been active in Asian markets for many years and he recently returned from 4.5 years in Singapore where he launched and headed up KWM's Singapore office.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic about developing their skills on cross-border transactions, with a particular focus on the real estate, infrastructure, private equity and financial services sectors.
You will have:
- excellent analytical and communication skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- team focus – you will be a team player and facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities – we are looking for someone who can identify new opportunities and prospects and who can think “outside the box”
- excellent drafting and project management skills
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible work
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.