We are looking for a Legal Project Manager to join our growing national Legal Project Management team. This is an excellent opportunity for lawyer with strong influencing and practice management skills looking for a career move.
We are a top-tier law firm that aims to have a significant and positive impact on our people, clients and communities in which we work. Our firm is special because of the collective spirit of our people. We are bold, creative, collegiate, caring, smart and fun. We offer our people competitive total rewards and a strong focus on career development opportunities.
King & Wood Mallesons is an Asian headquartered global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers across 27 locations including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, the Middle East, Japan and the US.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Flexible and agile working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
About the role
At the heart of it, you will be responsible for the application of the project management principle of having the right work done at the right time by the right resources, in order to deliver the matter on time and on budget. This includes all aspects of the project lifecycle and covering scoping, scheduling, costing, resource workload and wellbeing management, communications, quality and risk.
You will have sufficient legal expertise and experience (preferably in large scale litigation) to understand the scope and key activities required on the matter, to manage workload allocations according to team capacity and capability while also balancing wellbeing and fatigue risk. The role is a key support for the partner(s) and senior legal staff on Extra Demand Matters (XDM) or significant matters and the project manager will work closely with the team undertaking the work, the finance team and the relevant People & Development contact(s).
What experience are we looking for?
This role is highly challenging and will demand the skills of someone who has:
- Experience in project management either as a practicing lawyer or as a project manager working in a law or professional services firm, with either legal qualifications (eg Bachelor of Laws) and/or formal project management certification (eg Prince2 or specific LPM qualifications)
- Experience with the whole project lifecycle covering scoping, scheduling, costing, resourcing, communications, quality and risk
- Demonstrated experience creating and tracking work break down schedules, estimates and budget to manage and monitor delivery
- A flexible approach and expert independent judgement to select an optimal LPM solution mix to suit individual project/matter needs
- Excellent influencing, facilitation and collaboration skills in dealing with senior partners, lawyers and clients on LPM
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to work with a range of people and ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work independently
- Flexible, "calm under pressure" style, with "can do approach", who brings a positive energy to projects, proactive approach to problem solving, with an Innate desire to resolve problems or challenges in a commercially effective manner
- Technology and data literacy, in particular Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner, with the ability to rapidly pick-up new systems and software
We want people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you, our people, find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work – we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure - we want to help our people grow.
How to apply?
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information or to request a position description for this role, please contact Britt Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katrina Hofinger at email@example.com.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.