Our National Real Estate team provides a full service offering to the broader national real estate sector, including both the public and private sectors, transport and other key public infrastructure development. The team’s expertise and specialism spans the commercial, residential, industrial, retail, agricultural and hotel sectors, and acts for both domestic Australian and international clients on complex real estate transactions.
You will have deep experience in the real estate sector and have had exposure to large and complex transactions (including development and urban regeneration projects) within a first-tier or high profile real estate practice. You will have an understanding of the legal and other risks to key participants and stakeholders in such transactions and an ability to apply core real estate and commercial law principles to manage and mitigate those risks. You will have a level of familiarity with other specialisms and disciplines that impact on complex real estate transactions, including financing, foreign investment, tax, stamp duty, construction, trusts and funds management and corporations law.
You will have
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, with a strong knowledge of and insights into the national real estate sector - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- Team focus – an ability and willingness to mentor junior colleagues and support other team members
- First rate experience in drafting complex agreements and allocating risk in a commercially appropriate manner
- Recognised major development and urban regeneration experience gained in a similar environment
- Matter Management – an ability to appropriately scope matters and manage fee estimates and billing
You will enjoy working as part of a close, collaborative and committed team that is widely recognised as one of the best in the market.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Market leading work for premium clients
- Formal and informal flexible working arrangements
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and a rest and recovery program
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com or LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.