We are seeking a Senior Associate with a background in project finance, structured finance and/or general transactional banking and finance to join our busy team.
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. The team's transactions involve project and structured finance transactions for banks, non-bank lenders (including ECAs) and sponsors on infrastructure, resource and asset finance transaction in Australia and the Asia Pacific region. In this role you will perform primarily advisory and transactional work on complex transactional and general banking and finance matters. Our clients range from major financial and government institutions, investment banks, financial advisors and regulators to industry groups, financiers and corporations.
About the team
Our Banking & Finance team advise on a full range of financial products. We bring outstanding teamwork and in-depth knowledge to every transaction and work closely with each other and other colleagues around the firm. In this role you will work closely with Andrew Maynes who specialises in complex financing transactions across project finance, structured finance and acquisition and leveraged finance. Andrew’s broad practice includes working with governments, project sponsors, borrowers, major Australian and international financiers and ECAs on a wide range of projects in Australia and overseas. His work spans disciplines as varied as traditional project financings, social and economic infrastructure PPPs, structured asset financings and acquisition financings.
You will have
- recognised transaction finance experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills, to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability, you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus, to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities, participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including deeds and agreements, opinions, advices etc).
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.