We are seeking a Senior Associate to join our Mergers and Acquisitions Team focusing on International Funds.
About the role
Our team is a market-leading practice that specialises in investment funds, financial services mergers and acquisitions and financial services law.
Our funds team creates innovative solutions for local and foreign participants in the financial services industry, including fund managers, institutional investors, banks and other financial institutions. Our Partners are highly regarded and commended for the breadth and depth of their expertise across the financial services, funds and regulatory landscape.
This role will report in to Jim Boynton who has over 30 years of experience in investment funds, products and services. Jim assists clients to establish businesses in Australia, to develop products and to obtain licences. He also assists institutional investors to invest in investment funds and financial institutions to invest in and dispose of financial services businesses.
What experience are we looking for?
· you will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team
· excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
· strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
· team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
· enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
· first rate experience of drafting documents (including deeds, agreements, memorandums of advice etc).
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
· Market leading work for premium clients
· Flexible and agile working
· Support for working parents including emergency childcare
· Corporate gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
· Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
· Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.