As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Climate Change and Sustainability Manager to join our Australian office on a full-time basis for a 12-month contract. The successful candidate will report directly to our Head of Business Services and Premises and work with both internal and external stakeholders across the Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra, Brisbane and Singapore offices to drive forward our Climate Change and Sustainability Plan for our Australian and Singapore operations.
Specifically, the role will require you to:
- Drive the implementation of our Climate Change and Sustainability Plan to support the achievement of the firm’s climate commitments;
- Partner with internal Shared Services teams (including Business Services, Strategy, Technology, Procurement, People & Development and Communications teams) to provide technical climate change and sustainability guidance and advice;
- Monitor and track the firm’s climate change, sustainability and environmental performance;
- Prepare board-level reports and external reports on climate change and sustainability (including responding to information requests from our clients and providing support to our clients, as required); and
- Proactively inspire, educate and influence our people to adopt change to reduce organisational emissions and achieve our climate commitments.
What experience are we looking for?
We are seeking a candidate with proven experience of delivering climate change and sustainability outcomes within a corporate, professional services, financial services environment, or related organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in environment, sustainability, or related discipline and at least 5 years’ experience within an environment and sustainability role;
- In-depth understanding of climate, sustainability and environmental concepts, legislation, policy and issues more broadly, including GHG accounting, carbon markets, energy and climate strategies and best practices, sustainable building strategies (including waste management and water management);
- Experience in and knowledge of the processes and steps required to achieve carbon neutral certification;
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Project management capability and budgeting skills; and
- Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across the Australian and Singapore offices.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.