As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with our clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
About the role
This role will see the successful candidate join a dynamic and well-respected team, supported by sophisticated technology using Dashboards, assisting Senior Management in the areas of commercial pricing, responding to Requests for Pricing (RFP) and Legal Panel tenders, undertaking financial analysis, and management reporting.
This role works closely with the Business Development and Bid Management teams, Client Relationship Partners, and the broader Finance team (Business Intelligence, Legal Project Management, Financial Accounting and Matter Accounting), Management and Shared Services.
Key accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide pricing support and commercial advice to Client Relationship Partners (CRP), Business Development and Bid Management teams when responding to requests for pricing to protect and improve Firm and Client profitability
- Development of pricing scenarios and profitability models
- Proactively manage Strategic and Growth client rate renewals, RFPs and Legal Panel pricing requests
- Designing pricing and commercial strategies to deliver best possible financial outcomes
- Management of the annual Rate card review process including industry and economic analysis
- Compliance with, and communication of, the Firm’s Pricing Policy and updating as required
- Reporting on the profitability and performance of Strategic and Growth clients against targets, analysing profit drivers and liaising with CRPs to improve profitability
- Reporting on the profitability and performance of large/major matters, analysing profit drivers and liaising with CRPs to improve profitability
- Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate regular management reports, client profitability reports and partner performance reports developing them over time to include insights and commentary.
- Continuous improvement of the FP&A reporting processes to deliver relevant, accurate and timely financial information in an efficient manner.
A detailed position description can be viewed here: Position Description FP&A Analyst Pricing - May 2021.docx
What experience are we looking for?
- Degree in Business or Commerce (or similar)
- Chartered Accounting or CPA qualification (or equivalent)
- 5-7 years commercial experience post-graduation in analytical, reporting and pricing roles
- Preferably management accounting / pricing experience in a Blue-Chip company, or similar disciplined environment
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
- Experience using an ad hoc query and analysis tool for analysis and reporting such as Excel/MS Analysis Services, TM1 highly regarded
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.