Senior Waiter - Business Services
- 12 month contract
- Full time
- 11:00am to 7:00pm, Monday to Friday
We are looking for an experienced Senior Waiter with boardroom experience to join our dynamic Business Services team to provide outstanding client service and operational oversight of our local Hospitality team.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
In this role you will provide outstanding client service including formal boardroom service, beverage orders, preparation of conference rooms and waiter service to meeting and function rooms as required. This role is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of waiters’ pantry, client conference rooms and internal staff kitchens.
You will provide operational oversight and guidance of the local Hospitality team, including direction of duties and clear communication to ensure exceptional service standards are maintained. You will be a point of contact for the Hospitality team, event hosts and staff, and provides an escalation point if required.
Our client floor operating hours are 7:00am to 7:00pm. Your usual hours of work will be 11:30am to 7:00pm, Monday to Friday.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing outstanding waiter service of food and beverage, including welcome drink, coffee service and event catering, in a prompt, professional and friendly manner.
- Coordinating, and assistance with, the preparation and clearing of client meeting rooms.
- Set up and service board room events (including lunches, dinners, afternoon teas) and catering requests on service trollies.
- Working occasional evening functions, including dinners and cocktail parties.
- Respond professionally and promptly to all requests for waiter service and role model exceptional client service.
- Assist with the maintenance of staff kitchenettes, ensuring they are clean and tidy.
- Assist with staff drinks and café operation as required.
- Receive and record deliveries and support site budget, stock management and monthly reporting.
- Ensure accurate stocktake and recording of wine and spirit stock using internal software.
- Ensure catering recharge is recorded and entered accurately within 24 hours of event.
- Close client floor for daily operation ensuring all rooms and areas are reset for 7:00pm closing.
- Assist with the implementation and continuous improvement of service standards and processes, incorporating best practices and processes.
- Support the Guest Services Manager in the development of a strong and cohesive team through open two-way communication, regular team meetings, and clear communication and handover with the other Senior Waiter (AM shift).
- Support positive team spirit and inspirational team leadership, communicate opportunities for team training, development and compliance (food safety, security, first aid).
- Be professionally presented in corporate uniform according to documented guidelines – and monitor and communicate team presentation and uniform standards.
- Co-ordinate staff finish times to maintain service levels and minimise costs
- General administration, rosters and scheduling (of internal and agency staff, as required), expense management and other duties as requested by the Guest Services Manager.
What experience are we looking for?
You will enjoy working as part of a professional team and will have an adaptable and pro-active nature to assist other areas of the Business Services and Catering team when required. As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Strong client service focus
- Commitment to service excellence and continuous improvement
- Experience supervising staff and events
- Leadership skills and extensive waiting experience in corporate, hotel or restaurant environment
- RSA, compliance capability
- Coffee, wine and food knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated PC skills and experience with Microsoft suite
- Flexibility with working hours
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as autonomously
- Relevant education, courses or qualifications related to the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of computer-based booking systems for conference rooms (e.g. Trimble) or restaurants
- Point of Sale systems
- Wine Spirit Education Trust and professional memberships highly regarded
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Elizabeth Codey, People & Development Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.