We have an opportunity for a mid level solicitor (4pqe + ) who is bilingual to join our Banking & Finance practice working with the Cross Border Finance team in our Sydney office.
You will be responsible for varied challenging and complex legal work on transactions which set the pace in the market. This role will see you work on a wide range of cross-border financing matters focussing on Asia in particular China and Hong Kong. You can expect to work on a wide range of lending transactions, including acquisition financing, pre-IPO financing, real estate financing, privatisation financing and general syndicated lending.
This role will see you work with David Lam, a leading practitioner and highly regarded partner in our banking and finance team. David is consistently listed in legal publications for his expertise and deep experience in cross-border financing mandates. He regularly advises lead arrangers, lenders, sponsors and corporate borrowers and is well known for his expertise in advising Chinese sponsors.
You will have
- previous experience in a similar role working for a highly regarded banking team with exposure to international clients and matters
- previous experience working with Chinese clients along with fluent bilingual Chinese/English language skillsexcellent technical, analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents.
- a willingness to be challenged, and think creatively and laterally
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.