As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the role
The Events Executive is responsible for the professional delivery of various elements of our comprehensive events marketing program, tailored to the firm’s people and business development objectives and strategy. To add to our dynamic team, we are looking for an aspiring event executive to plan, coordinate and deliver events, seminars and sponsorship activations in various formats including in-person, virtual and hybrid.
This position is offered on a 6 month contract basis and would suit candidates with 1-2 years’ experience or an event management or marketing graduate. Administrators and AV professionals looking to transition into corporate events are also welcome to apply.
Some key responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Business Development team, Corporate Affairs team and stakeholders to deliver powerful events and campaigns that positively impact revenue
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of a high volume of virtual, in-person and hybrid events, seminars and sponsorship activations as part of the national internal and client events program
- All aspects of event management, including taking briefs, scoping, sharing knowledge, planning, administrative tasks, stakeholder management, event delivery and evaluation
- Draft event communications including invitations and associated collateral
- Provide a high-level of on-site and virtual support during events and seminars, liaising with client floor, office premises and AV staff to ensure bookings, catering, AV requirements, signage etc. are delivered to the highest quality
A detailed position description can viewed here: Position Description - BD&M - Events Executive - April 2021.doc
What experience are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for conceptualising, planning and delivering virtual and hybrid events, as well as in-person events
- Strong client service approach
- Ability to deliver excellence in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Creativity coupled with superior attention to detail
- Some experience in managing budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders at all career levels
- High level of computer skills, with experience in word-processing (i.e. Microsoft Word), spreadsheets (i.e. Excel), and presentation packages (i.e. PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including breakfast and evening events. Infrequent weekend work may be required.
- Interest in developing commercial awareness in order to deliver powerful events and leverage opportunities
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.