As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
About the role
As a Systems Developer you will be responsible for building supportable, reliable and functional software applications including those which integrate with existing systems.
You will collaborate with key stakeholders and work to enhance the firm’s existing technology platforms into integrated productivity functions. You will be responsible for adhering to ITSM processes and KWM Security policies as well as software development lifecycle disciplines to ensure all code is developed in accordance with best practices and supporting documentation is created and kept up to date.
You will work closely with colleagues in the Enterprise Systems & Development team as well as other technology teams including Projects, Operations, Service Desk, Training as well as other shared services and legal teams.
- Develop, maintain, and extend the firm’s software systems with a particular focus on business process management
- Write well-designed and tested code
- Debug, troubleshoot and maintain existing applications and integrations
- Prepare and maintain system and program documentation
- Assist in the analysis and design of applications and databases
- Collaborate with key stakeholders
- Manage the implementation of solutions in line with project timelines and service level objectives
- Understand business requirements and transform them into appropriate technical solutions
- Manage the expectations of key stakeholders and effectively communicate timeframes for the delivery of products and solutions
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing technologies, and exploit new and emerging technologies
- Adhere to ITIL V4 processes such as incident, change and problem management
A detailed position description can be found here: Position Description - Technology - Systems Developer - May 2021.docx
What experience are we looking for?
- 4+ years developing with .net and Microsoft related products, particularly C#
- Strong working knowledge of software IDEs – e.g. Visual Studio, Code, etc.
- Strong experience with database tools, Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Workflow software such as K2 or Microsoft Logic Apps
- Web development tools – e.g. XHTML, HTML5, CSS, JQuery, etc.
- Code management and source control solutions
- Sharepoint 2016, Sharepoint Online, SPFX is (desirable)
- M365 (desirable)
- Microsoft Azure (desirable)
- Task management software such as Jira (desirable)
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work and we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work. We call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.