We are seeking a Solicitor (2-3 years PQE) to join our Banking & Finance team focussing on securitisation and structured finance transactions.
Our Banking & Finance team acts on high profile market-leading banking and finance transactions. Our clients range from leading domestic and international banks/financiers, global investment banks, major corporations, project sponsors, mezzanine financiers and private equity firms. This role will focus on securitisation and structured finance transactions working for a wide variety of clients, including major banks (both for their treasury and origination teams) and non-bank originators.
About the team
Our Banking & Finance team advise on a full range of financial products. We bring outstanding teamwork and in-depth knowledge to every transaction and work closely with each other and other colleagues around the firm.
In this role, you will work closely with Partners Ian Edmonds-Wilson and Paul Smith. Our team is highly regarded and known industry wide for its depth of experience and expertise and our Partners have worked together for many years and work closely with members of our team to develop skills and grow strong client relationships at all levels.
As a member of our team you will have a high level of responsibility and client contact. You will have an opportunity to act as deal counsel (drafting and structuring) across a range of clients, programmes and asset classes.
You will have
- previous experience working within a highly regarded banking and finance practice with a desire to focus on securitisation and structured finance transactions
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including financing and security documents, opinions, advices etc).
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.