We are seeking a Solicitor (2+ years) to join our Banking & Finance team focussing on securitisation and structured finance transactions.
Our Banking & Finance team acts on high profile market-leading banking and finance transactions. Our clients range from leading domestic and international banks/financiers, global investment banks, major corporations, project sponsors, mezzanine financiers and private equity firms. This role will focus on securitisation and structured finance transactions working for a wide variety of clients, including major banks (both for their treasury and origination teams) and non-bank originators.
About the team
Our Banking & Finance team advise on a full range of financial products. We bring outstanding teamwork and in-depth knowledge to every transaction and work closely with each other and other colleagues around the firm.
In this role, you will work closely with Partners Ian Edmonds-Wilson and Paul Smith. Our team is highly regarded and known industry wide for its depth of experience and expertise and our Partners have worked together for many years and work closely with members of our team to develop skills and grow strong client relationships at all levels.
As a member of our team you will have a high level of responsibility and client contact. You will have an opportunity to act as deal counsel (drafting and structuring) across a range of clients, programmes and asset classes.
You will have
- previous experience working within a highly regarded banking and finance practice with a desire to focus on securitisation and structured finance transactions
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including financing and security documents, opinions, advices etc).
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
What else we’ll offer
- Access to market leading work in your chosen specialty, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their fields
- Flexible ways of working and various leave arrangements to balance your work and life commitments
- Holistic wellbeing programs supporting mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, EAP, gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin cancer checks and in house catered meals.
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities to help you meet your goals
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities, including 26 weeks paid parental leave open to both primary and secondary carers with no minimum service period for permanent employees
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.