About the role
Our Brisbane centre is currently recruiting a Senior Associate with a background in project development, private M&A, particularly in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors, to join our Corporate Projects and Transaction Team. Work covers:
- Gas, LNG, Hydrogen (and related infrastructure)
- Transition / renewables, plus transmission
- Resources and related infrastructure (i.e. port and rail)
Working with Craig Rogers and Robert Jackson this role will see you providing advice on a diverse range of matters. You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market.
As a senior member of the team you will have a vast level of responsibility, including running your own matters, high level of client contract and mentoring junior lawyers in the group. Possibly the most attractive component of this role is the chance to progress your career to the highest possible level within a top tier firm, meaning this is an opportunity you don't want to miss!
Our team act on the deals and projects that the market takes notice of – across each and every stage of a project's lifecycle. The team is nimble enough to adapt to market changes and continues to lead the way on the largest and most complex transactions. We advise across the full spectrum of energy, resources and infrastructure.
You will have
· excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
· strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
· team focus to mentor junior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the group
· enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities – presenting at industry related programs and managing strategic relationships and networks; and
· first rate experience of drafting advices, reports and documents (including agreements, contracts, deeds, due diligence reports etc).
You will have recognised project development and/or mergers & acquisitions experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team focused on delivering outstanding client service.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you and our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
As we know our people value flexibility around when and where they work, we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback for our lawyers is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services, and
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.