About the role
Our Brisbane centre is currently recruiting a Senior Associate with a background in corporate law and private M&A, to join our Major Projects and Transactions team in Brisbane.
This role is best suited for a transactional lawyer with experience in the energy, resources and infrastructure space, or a keen interest in making the move into this space.
The work covers:
- Energy transition, including renewable energy projects, energy storage (batteries and hydro), carbon abatement projects and carbon trading
- Oil, Gas, LNG, Hydrogen (and related infrastructure)
- Electricity generation and transmission
- Resources and related infrastructure (ie port and rail)
- Major government projects
Working with a team of leading transactional lawyers in Brisbane and nationally, this role will see you providing advice on a diverse range of matters. You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market.
Our team act on the deals and projects that the market takes notice of – across each and every stage of a project's lifecycle. The team is nimble enough to adapt to market changes and continues to lead the way on the largest and most complex transactions.
We advise across the full spectrum of energy, resources, infrastructure and major government projects nationally.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and relationship management - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- team focus – assist senior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the group
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities
- first rate experience of drafting advices, reports and documents (including agreements, contracts, deeds, due diligence reports etc)
- a commercial and pragmatic approach
You will have corporate law and M&A experience gained in a similar or other appropriate environment (e.g. in-house, national firm or leading boutique firm), preferably in the energy, resources and infrastructure space. Alternatively, you will be looking to make a move into this space. You will enjoy working as part of a committed team focused on delivering outstanding client service.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
We will consider candidates already as Senior Associate level or those at 4-5 years PQE looking to step up.
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
What else we’ll offer
- Access to market leading work in your chosen specialty, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their fields
- Flexible ways of working and various leave arrangements to balance your work and life commitments
- Holistic wellbeing programs supporting mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, EAP, gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin cancer checks and in house catered meals.
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities to help you meet your goals
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities, including 26 weeks paid parental leave open to both primary and secondary carers with no minimum service period for permanent employees
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean, Senior Resourcing Consultant at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.