About the role
Our market leading Taxation group is currently seeking a junior Senior Associate to join the team. Working closely with our Melbourne Taxation Partners, you will be advising on all facets of taxation law including; asset financing; property and PPPs; stamp duty and GST; wealth management and superannuation; structured and project finance; securitisation and asset financing.
We partner with some of the world’s largest banks, financial institutions, investment advisors, funds management, telecommunications and industrial companies in Australia and offshore and provide depth of experience and knowledge seen only here at KWM.
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will perform primarily tax disputes work (with some additional advisory work) and will be required to have substantial tax technical knowledge to complement your disputes skills.
You will have
- an ability to deliver timely, commercially focussed and cost effective advice to clients on the tax issues arising out of a wide range of disputes and transactions, including issues related to the disposal and acquisition of businesses, acquisition and disposal of entities, corporate restructures, formation of joint ventures, employee share plans, corporate distributions, cross-border transactions, securitisations and structured finance transactions
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - you will be self-aware and have the ability to work well with others; nothing you do here at KWM will be alone, it's all about team work, collaboration, development in you and others and making this a great place to work
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- proven litigation experience and knowledge of the Courts and Tribunals, having prepared affidavits and submissions and worked with Senior Counsel.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will benefit from having experience assisting in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
We want to hear from people who can help build a culture committed to achieving the best results through innovation, adapting to disruption, being different and contributing to our Great Place to Work.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.