Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
About the role
Sitting within the Finance Systems & Data team and reporting into the Data Operations Manager, this role supports the business with data requests and ensures the ongoing seamless operation of our finance systems and data warehouse. We are seeking an experienced data developer to work all aspects of development involved in the data warehouse.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis, design and implementation of customised reporting requirements for internal and external stakeholders
- Dataset, Report, Dashboard and App design using Power BI
- Design, develop, test and deploy SSRS reports and subscriptions
- Developing and enhancing ETL processes using MS SSIS
- Enhancement, testing and deployment of SSAS solutions
- Testing reporting dashboards and BI systems
- Providing support for ETL processes and the resolution of process issues
- Creating and updating technical and process documentation
- Testing of system development, upgrades and hotfixes
- Effective analysis, escalation and reporting of issues
- Ensure high quality deliverables
What experience are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing
- Minimum 3 years of experience with MS SQL Server database and BI tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Strong SQL Programming skills
- Experience with Power BI
- Dedication to the development of highest quality solutions
- Pro-active, solution-oriented, analytic approach to problems.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team with both business and technology focus.
- Ability to prioritise work and have excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client service focus
- Ability to be flexible and adapt
- Business analysis skills
- Ability to interrogate systems tables to assist with analytical system reviews
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.