As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
About the role
Sitting within the Finance Systems & Data team and reporting into the Data Operation Manager, this role supports the business with data requests and ensures the ongoing seamless operation of our finance systems. This opportunity will be well suited to technology graduates who are interested in getting experience in the Development space.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Month end reporting for our internal and external stakeholders
- Analysis, design and implementation of customised reporting requirements for internal and external stakeholders
- Processing of fee earner information to the Practice Management system
- Testing reporting dashboards and BI systems
- Creating and updating technical and process documentation
- System monitoring and balancing
- Testing of system development, upgrades and hotfixes
- Front end application user support
- Verification and summation of issues to assist in the early resolution and appropriate escalation of issues
- Effective analysis, escalation and reporting of issues
- Research and review software features to be implemented in line with business requirements
- Liaising with Technology team to ensure appropriate availability of support to ensure uninterrupted operation of the PMS particularly around development, systems architecture, integrations and add-ons
- Identification of issues relating to deficiencies with training, current processes and/or potential enhancement requirements through interaction with users and/or changes in the business requirements
- Data analysis
What experience are we looking for?
This role is open to candidates who completed their degree in Computer Science/Information Technology (or other relevant IT certification) in 2020 or 2021. Other essential skills include:
- Ability to prioritise work and have excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client service focus
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt
- Experience with database technologies (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience with MS Reporting Services and Power BI
- SQL Programming skills
- Report writing skills
- Demonstrated Excel skills
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing
- Experience within a professional services environment
- Business analysis skills
- Ability to interrogate systems tables to assist with analytical system reviews
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
Applications close Sunday 31 October 2021.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.