About the role
Our market leading Projects group is currently seeking a talented Solicitor to join our growing team in Melbourne. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a collegiate and high performing team advising on some of the country’s most exciting deals. You will work closely with Scott Langford, the leader of our Melbourne Projects group and award-winning mining and resources lawyer, and other experienced energy and resources lawyers in the Melbourne office. The work involves advising on a diverse range of major transactions and issues for some of Australia’s and the world’s pre-eminent energy, resources and infrastructure companies. This will include advising on:
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures and joint project developments
- renewables and energy generation and storage projects
- mining and oil and gas projects
- major infrastructure project structuring and revenue contracts
- general corporate, commercial and regulatory matters.
At KWM, you will also work with world-leading energy and resources partners and lawyers across our network, which means you will get broad experience across projects and financing disciplines, on a range of matters including M&A, privatisations, public private partnerships, project development and financing.
We are a close-knit team with a market-leading presence in Melbourne and around Australia. We work closely with the Projects teams in other KWM offices across Australia, Asia and Europe, and with our colleagues in real estate, planning and environment, banking and M&A. This is a great opportunity for someone to join us, as we look to expand our Projects team in Melbourne. The person we are looking for will be enthusiastic about joining our team, working on exciting, fast-paced projects and transactions, collaborating with clients and colleagues and being involved in all aspects of our office and working life. In addition, you will have:
- projects (and M&A) skills and experience and enjoy working as part of a committed team
- experience or a strong interest in energy, infrastructure, resources and/or mining
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients and other areas of the firm
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - helping to develop and manage strategic relationships and networks, developing your own client relationships, and thinking “outside about the box” about other opportunities for practice development
- an adaptable mindset and a willingness to turn your hand to a variety of different work types.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, and a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, which we call Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.