As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
About the role
Seeking an enthusiastic and highly organised team-player to join and support the highly regarded Private Equity team in our Mergers and Acquisitions group. With a growing dynamic team, this role has been created to provide practice and administrative assistance to your immediate and the broader practice team in a timely and efficient manner.
This role would suit a Legal Assistant who’s seeking a long-term career in legal administrative support with a premier law firm.
Our firm will provide training in a variety of legal duties as well as the use and administration of legal software and office systems. You will also have the opportunity to be mentored by our Senior PAs to help you grow into your role and assist you in your development as a Legal Assistant.
The firm is committed to teamwork, flexibility, quality client service, and these skills will be required in liaising with clients, internal and external solicitors and other KWM employees.
Responsibilities will include:
- helping to build a new Partner practice
- support team wide projects and initiatives
- working closely with 2x Senior PAs assisting with team projects and other various team admin and document tasks
- working with a Senior PA in a job share arrangement 2 days a week (non-job-share days, providing additional support focused on team wide projects and to share in taking on workload generally to support other PAs in the team)
- pro-active management of emails and diaries including scheduling appointments and dealing with competing priorities
- organising internal and external meetings and coordinating catering, room bookings or video conferences
- client liaison
- managing and maintaining files (electronic and paper)
- monthly client invoicing
- client financials reporting
- drafting and amending pitches, capability statements and presentations
- tracking daily paperwork and documentation
- arranging client functions
- general typing including copy typing, drafting correspondence and document amendments
- other miscellaneous administrative tasks including processing of monthly AMEX
What experience are we looking for?
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a legal administrative support role, or in a role with transferable skills
- Typing speed of 70+ wpm highly regarded
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse, problem solve and apply appropriate use of judgment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, choosing an appropriate style for their audience
- Previous experience using Elite or similar system an advantage
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Confidence and ability to use initiative appropriately
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Business or Secretarial Course highly regarded
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.