As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage.
About the role
Based in KWM’s Brisbane office, this role will be the first point of contact for our client floor. As a member of our professional Business Services team, a welcoming and polished approach with a focus on excellent customer service will set you up for success.
Your day to day will include managing meeting rooms, anticipating client and staff needs, answering calls to reception, liaising with our Hospitality, Audio Visual, and Business Services teams and above all, striving to create an exceptional KWM experience. Working collaboratively and flexibly with your team will be key, along with a calm and confident manner.
This role comprises part time hours from Monday to Friday.
What experience are we looking for?
- Sound knowledge of reception and front of house operations, including previous experience in the corporate/hospitality arena, ideally within professional services
- Impeccable grooming with the ability to maintain a corporate uniform
- An impressive phone manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Good planning and organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision with strong use of initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientated with an ability to develop sound client relationships
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team focused, supporting all facets of the team to achieve a common goal
- Pro-active approach, shows initiative with a willingness to learn
- Results oriented
- Confident and reliable, being flexible in approach whilst able to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible in working hours
- Lateral thinker
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.