- New role due to growth - Work alongside a market-leading Innovation team and be at the forefront of our digital evolution. Have a direct impact on the future of the legal industry!
- Be mentored and developed by a strong leader and provided opportunities to grow
- Sydney CBD based with a balanced approach to WFH
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
About the role
Based in our Sydney CBD office, reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis, Senior Manager, this role will work closely with the broader Finance team (Finance Systems and Data Teams, Legal Project Management, Financial Accounting and Matter Accounting), Management and other Shared Services functions to deliver financial analysis and pricing support across the Innovation and Legal Tech Products areas.
This role is supported by sophisticated data and BI tools to assist Management in areas of financial analysis and legal tech pricing.
You will work alongside the existing Pricing Analyst in the FP&A team and have oversight of the Legal Panel tender, financial analysis, and management reporting processes.
You will provide business insights to lift financial performance and seek opportunities to continuously improve processes across pricing analysis and reporting as the business evolves.
You will also be given opportunities to be involved in project based work, working alongside our Innovation team, exploring and rolling out new digital technologies.
You will be mentored and developed by a strong leader and provided opportunities to grow. Career advancement isn’t a linear progression – you have the ability to advance your career progression through multiple pathways across the Firm!
What experience are we looking for?
We are looking for a driven and ambitious FP&A Analyst to join this dynamic team. With your drive for excellence and enjoyment working in a high performing, well respected team, you will bring:
- Degree in Business or Commerce (or similar)
- Chartered Accounting or CPA qualification (or equivalent)
- 4-6 years commercial experience post-graduation in analytical, reporting and pricing roles
- Preferably management accounting / pricing experience in a Blue-Chip company, or similar disciplined environment
- High level of attention to detail, analytical and conceptual skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
- Ability to interpret financial data and undertake pricing and trend analysis
- Experience using an ad hoc query and analysis tool for analysis and reporting (e.g. Excel/MS Analysis Services, Power BI, TM1) and any exposure to modelling and databases will be looked on favourably
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Wednesday 26th January, 2022.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.