We are seeking dispute resolution solicitors at the 2-4 pqe level to join our highly regarded team.
In this role you will be responsible for market leading litigious and contentious regulatory work for an enviable range of clients with a particular focus on corporate and financial litigation.
About the team
Our Disputes team is known for its breadth and depth of experience and this role will see you work with Partners who are known industry wide for their expertise. Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team, we regularly work with specialists from other practice groups. Our work is varied, interesting and often high profile. We act in most of Australia's largest and complex corporate and commercial disputes, regulatory investigations and public inquiries.
These roles will report to Moira Saville who specialises in dispute resolution in the areas of class actions, contentious regulatory investigations and litigation and royal commissions / public inquiries. You will also work across our team of Partners including Alexander Morris Damian Lovell and Amanda Engels.
You will have:
- Proven experience in a range of disputes, including one or more of the following areas: financial services, commercial litigation, ASIC investigations, royal commissions
- Excellent drafting skills including experience of drafting court documents and evidence
- An interest in continuing development
- First rate written and oral communication and advocacy skills
- A commitment to achieving the best results for clients
- A desire to work in a professional and friendly team
Who are we?
We are a top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we develop our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive. Our Principles are:
Why work with us?
Behind every mandate we work on are our clients and our people. Understanding our client’s and our people’s ambitions and their lived experiences matters to us, so we can create a workplace where our people are proud to work and grow. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. We have made a commitment to offer a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Connecting with our people is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow and see their ambitions realised.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.