- Join an exceptional corporate hospitality team
- Leading international law firm with excellent benefits
- Full time permanent role in Melbourne CBD location
Enjoy the best of both worlds by joining a dynamic hospitality team with all the perks of a corporate environment (fancy a free weekend?) – we’re on the lookout for a Catering Assistant/Sandwich Hand.
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
About the role
KWM’s Melbourne office (located in the world-class Collins Arch development) are on the lookout for a Catering Assistant to join the corporate Hospitality team, reporting into the Head Chef.
You’ll be working with an exceptionally professional, friendly and collaborative hospitality team, so someone with an open communication style, good work ethic and flexible approach will fit right in. You’ll be the team’s go-to person with the preparation of sandwiches and salads for the firm’s cafe, boardrooms, functions and events.
Daily duties will include:
- Prepare a variety of fresh sandwiches and light lunches daily
- Order stock and prepare ingredients in advance
- Basic food preparation
- Wash dishes, pots and utensils
- Clean kitchen equipment and appliances
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and clear
- Checking and storing incoming stock deliveries
- Stock rotation and storage
- Assist with café operation & deliveries
- Clean and restock internal tea rooms as required
- Maintain safe and hygienic work practices at all times
What experience are we looking for?
- Prior sandwich making experience (preferred)
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast- paced environment
- Demonstrated experience performing routine or process driven tasks
- Attention to detail and presentation
- Commitment to providing quality and variety of sandwiches and fillings
- Strong communication skills
- Able to follow instructions and work unsupervised at times
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate professionalism and courtesy and all times
- Prior completion of food safety training
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.