- Make 2022 the year of work/life balance in this part time role
- Corporate Paralegal/Company Secretary role with a twist – Primary focus will utilise your experience and knowledge of the Corporations Act and ASIC processes
- Great team – Great culture – Great opportunity!
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal or Company Secretary who is responsive, energetic, has a can-do attitude and who has a good understanding of the variety of secretarial tasks that will need to be provided.
Reporting to the Company Secretariat Manager, the primary focus of the role will be to provide secretariat support to over 600 companies and to assist practice teams with the incorporation of companies and lodgement of ASIC notifications.
This is initially a 12mth contract with potential to be extended and/or made permanent.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with the incorporation and deregistration of companies and business names with ASIC;
- Assisting with electronic lodgement of ASIC notifications;
- Attending to annual company statements and advising clients of financial reporting requirements;
- Maintaining statutory registers and minute books;
- Preparing board and shareholder resolutions, minutes and ancillary documents;
- Assisting with board and officer changes, share allotments and share transfers;
- Ensuring that companies comply with their statutory obligations under relevant laws and regulations;
- Attending to general queries;
- Assisting clients with obtaining director identification numbers; and
- Other duties and projects requested by the Company Secretariat Manager.
This is a high-volume role that will offer the opportunity to work across all areas of the firm! With your proactive approach and enjoyment being busy, you will thrive in this supportive team.
You will also need:
- Sound knowledge of the Corporations Act and ASIC practices
- Experience with using ASIC lodgement platforms and CAS software
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Organisational skills - Solid and highly developed organisational skills are essential in managing a variety of tasks simultaneously and to meet specified deadlines.
- Analytical ability
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all aspects of the role.
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstration of confident verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, open and flexible approach to dealing with people and situations.
- Ability to form solid relationships both internally and externally with professionalism and ease.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your e
Applications close COB Sunday 23rd January, 2022.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.