● This role will suit a junior to mid-level Business Development professional looking to build a career within a firm that offers career development, supported learning and a great culture
● We have some of the best lawyers in the profession – your role is to maximise their points of difference, so clients choose our lawyers when they need the best legal support available
● Balanced approach to WFH
You will be part of the broader Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) function that supports the firm to develop strong and enduring relationships with our clients, understand and identify opportunities in our core markets, win new business, create memorable client experiences and build a positive reputation as a market leader.
Based in our Sydney CBD office, reporting to a Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will support the Projects, Infrastructure, Energy & Resources (PIER) sector, and Projects & Real Estate (P&RE) practice, working closely with Client Relationship Managers, to drive a broad range of business development and marketing activities.
You will support the PIER Sector and P&RE practice team with:
- The development, preparation and execution of the relevant sector and practice strategic plans
- Tenders/bids submissions (including efficiently maintaining content, tools and templates)
- Connecting with industry participants and clients
- Contributing to planning and strategy development
- Client engagement and client reporting
- Market research on industry and competitor trends
- Content development for marketing materials
This is a hands-on role, involving key stakeholders across P&RE practice and PIER Sector teams in Sydney (as well nationally & cross border where relevant), together with the national BD&M team.
You will become one of the subject matter experts of this team, providing critical support on business development and client development activities that grow revenue, deepen relationships and promote KWM as a thought leader in the sector.
Who are we looking for?
You will enjoy working at a fast pace and uncovering the points of difference. You understand the need to deep dive into research to connect the dots that comes with being a natural BD professional. Your passion for the discovery of what makes us great, and willingness for ongoing learning will be valued. You will bring a collaborative approach and have the support of a small, highly regarded team.
Intellectually curious, with the capability to ask the right questions and understand your audience will set you up for success. You will also need:
● Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business or Commerce (preferred)
● Experience in business development role within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
● Expertise, experience and track record in key account management
● Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills with high attention to detail
● Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment working to tight timetables
● Ability to deliver effective day to day/operational business development support
● Ability to identify new business opportunities as a result of research and analysis of business trends, market and competitor intelligence to drive growth
Advanced software skills notably MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Reviewing applications as submitted - Don't miss out!
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not accepting applications from agencies for this role.