About the role
Our Brisbane centre is currently recruiting a Solicitor with a background in major projects, project development, private M&A, particularly in the energy, resources, infrastructure or government sectors, to join our Corporate Projects, Transactions and Government Team.
- Energy transition, including renewable energy projects, energy storage (batteries and hydro), carbon abatement projects and carbon trading
- Oil, Gas, LNG, Hydrogen (and related infrastructure)
- Electricity generation and transmission
- Resources and related infrastructure (ie port and rail)
- Major government projects
Working with Robert Jackson, Craig Rogers and Tim Sumner this role will see you providing advice on a diverse range of matters. You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market.
Our team act on the deals and projects that the market takes notice of – across each and every stage of a project's lifecycle. The team is nimble enough to adapt to market changes and continues to lead the way on the largest and most complex transactions.
We advise across the full spectrum of energy, resources, infrastructure and major government projects nationally.
You will have
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to deliver prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and relationship management - you will play a key role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with our clients
- team focus – assist senior colleagues and ensure the effective utilisation of the group
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities
- first rate experience of drafting advices, reports and documents (including agreements, contracts, deeds, due diligence reports etc)
- a commercial and pragmatic approach
You will have project development, major projects, mergers & acquisitions or government experience gained in a similar or other appropriate environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team focused on delivering outstanding client service.
As a solicitor within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Britt Evans, Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.