- Hands on opportunity supporting our legal teams to deliver superior client service
- Leading international law firm
- Open to candidates based in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra locations
If you are an experienced Legal Project Coordinator / Assistant or have legal administrative experience and are seeking a new challenge in the legal project management space, this role could be for you!
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
About the role
Exciting role available for an enthusiastic detail-orientated Coordinator with a can-do attitude to join the Legal Project Management (LPM) team. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Legal Project Coordinator / Assistant or someone who is interested in a career in legal project management, seeking to utilise their administrative experience and skills to support the legal teams and improve the client experience.
This role would be well-suited to a highly organised and dynamic self-starter who has a strong focus on client service, an understanding of the legal environment and an eye for process improvement.
Your day will involve partnering with Legal Project Managers to:
- Support the delivery of a consistent and high quality LPM experience for clients by engaging with legal teams, People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology and Business Development;
- Assist with the review and analysis of matters and client feedback;
- Assist legal teams on Extra Demand Matters (XDMs) or other large and or complex matters deemed to require dedicated project management; and
- Assisting with LPM tool design and roll out, working with the finance, technology and legal teams, and the broader business to identify LPM needs.
We are open to candidates based in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Canberra locations.
What experience are we looking for?
- Experience in a professional services environment, legal industry highly regarded
- Solutions focused and enthusiastic
- Ability to drive initiatives and take ownership of projects
- Strong time management skills and ability to respond appropriately to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Welcomes change and embraces the challenges and opportunities therein
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer service focus and ability to adapt communication styles as required
- Resilience and adaptable in a high paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new systems and software, with high technology competency including experience of the full Office suite particularly strong working knowledge of Excel - strong understanding of Elite3E advantageous
- High level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Ability to review systems and identify areas for improvement
- Ability to identify risks, know their personal limitations and escalate as required
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.