We are seeking a Senior Associate with a background in Construction disputes to join our market-leading and dynamic Dispute Resolution team.
You will be responsible for varied, challenging and complex legal work which often sets the pace in the market. In this role you will work on large scale litigation matters for an enviable range of clients across the construction, infrastructure and energy and resources industries.
About the team
Our Partners Peter Pether, Hamish MacPherson, Travis Toemoe and Peter Yeldham are known for the depth and breadth of their experience. Frequently listed in legal publications for their expertise, you will be working with Partners whose reputations are second to none, and who will mentor and assist you to reach your full potential. Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team. We regularly work with specialists from other practice groups and use sophisticated electronic tools to assist us. Our workload is varied and interesting, we act in most of Australia's large and complex disputes, investigations and public inquiries. When a judgment is handed down or a settlement is achieved you have a real sense of accomplishment knowing that you were part of the team putting the case together.
You will have
· excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
· strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
· team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
· enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
· first rate experience of drafting documents (including writs, statement of claims, default judgments, defences, witness statements, affidavits, complaints, agreements etc).
You will have recognised construction disputes experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team. You will be motivated, client focussed and ambitious.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.