- Join an exceptional front of house team
- 12 month contract role
- Leading international law firm with excellent benefits
KWM’s outstanding corporate hospitality team are on the lookout for a Café Assistant/Barista to welcome aboard!
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
About the role
In this role you will be assisting with the café's daily activities, providing excellent service, outstanding coffee and maintaining the professional image of the firm at all times. This will include:
- Providing assistance in the staff café as required including managing a till and float;
- Preparing a wide variety of coffee to the highest industry standards;
- Providing a high level service of food, beverage service with a prompt, professional and friendly manner;
- Maintaining the hygiene and stock of kitchen and café area and ensure that they are clean and tidy at all times. Includes cleaning and maintaining coffee machines, fridges and display cabinets etc.;
- Accepting and packing away deliveries of stock; stock rotation;
- Ensuring all equipment is cleaned and well maintained;
- Managing the after-hours meal service; and
- Other duties as requested by Cafe Supervisor and/or Head Chef such as staff drinks and corporate functions.
What experience are we looking for?
You will enjoy working as part of a professional team and will have an adaptable and pro-active nature to assist other areas of the Business Services and Catering team when required.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Exceptional Barista skills with experience in high volumes and fast turnarounds
- Previous experience working in a Café environment
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Food Handling Certificate
- Waiting experience
- Excellent communication skills and a customer focussed attitude
- Experience in stock control and food handling and storage
- Ability to work unsupervised
This role is offered on an initial 12 month full time contract basis, with shifts rostered during the day and the evening. Some flexibility with shifts will be required.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third-party websites will not be accepted.
For further information on this role, please contact Renee Wigan at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.