● Grow your HR career - Varied HR people focused support role that offers a unique look at all areas of a top tier law firm at a local and national level
● We are looking for a proactive, solution focussed team player who is passionate about the value HR plays in an organisation and wants to build their career in this field
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. It’s why we exist. It’s why we are KWM.
Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
Reporting to the National People & Development (P&D) Centre Manager - Sydney, with a dotted line to a P&D Manager, as a core member of the P&D team you will collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and provide P&D administrative and organisational support for specific client groups in the firm.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of P&D related projects and initiatives, supporting both the P&D team and the firm. This role offers mentoring, autonomy and the chance to develop and grow your HR career with exposure to a broad scope of work.
Working closely with our national P&D Coordinators, your key responsibilities in supporting your client group will include:
● Assisting in all areas of the employment life cycle from onboarding of new staff, preparing employment contracts and correspondence, change in employment conditions, and arranging exits
● Liaising with payroll regarding employee entitlements, benefits, parental leave payments, change to work arrangements, leave arrangements
● HRIS (HR Information System) updates and maintenance
● Maintaining P&D records and electronic personnel files
● General P&D Support
● Involvement in national and local P&D team projects and initiatives
Who are we looking for?
Your passion for the value a robust HR support function can add, and willingness to pitch in when and where needed will set you up for success. You will bring a collaborative positive approach and work alongside a highly regarded and experienced team.
Your organisational skills, attention to detail and exceptional time management skills, sets you apart. You will also bring:
● Some experience in a similar HR support role or tertiary qualifications in this field
● Understanding of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
● General working knowledge of Chris21 or a similar HRIS system (desired).
● Exceptional attention to detail
● A customer service focus and strive to deliver a positive experience for your client group and team members
● Professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with P&D matters
● Demonstration of high-level verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to form solid relationships both internally and externally with professionalism and ease
● An understanding of Human Resources practices in a large organisation.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Monday 23rd May, 2022.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.