Legal Analyst – Sydney/Perth – 6 month contract
We are seeking a Legal Analyst to join our Document Review Team on a 6 month contract.
About the role
Under the direction of the Legal Review Manager, this position is responsible for the delivery of high quality document review for discovery, regulatory requests, and corporate due diligence. You will also assist the Legal Review Manager to promote the effective use of the various technology enabled services when undertaking document review. Working closely with our industry leading ALT team, you will be using a wide range of new technologies, particularly document review tools and AI-enabled tools, across the projects you will be working on. You will assist in leading the market in shaping what the law firm of the future looks like by embracing technology and best practices to keep ahead of the competition
Skills and attributes
- Degree in law, legal studies, computer science, information systems, or similar or equivalent work experience
- Current Australian practising certificate desirable
- Minimum of 12 months’ legal review experience using technology within a professional services or similar environment
- Excellent analytical skill to review and code documents for responsiveness, relevancy, confidentiality, issues, and privilege;
- High level verbal and written communications, along with attention to detail
- Willingness to participate in special projects and other duties as assigned;
- Strong IT literacy and ability to master new technologies, tools and resources to efficiently and effectively deliver legal services;
- Ability to take responsibility for and consistently deliver high quality projects and within strict deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team, with a flexible approach and willingness to work extended hours where necessary
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of almost 3000 lawyers in 28 locations around the world, works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. So whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we’ll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.